Saturday, May 26, 2012

2012 Astros race for the pennant.

I haven't blogged in a while but I know I probably should. This morning I ran the astros race for the pennant and actually did better than expected because I haven't been running that much because I just finished my track season. I am going to start hitting it hard tomorrow though. If I can get rid of this soreness from ab ripper x. Remind me never to do that again!!

Sooo for the Astros race. I started off pretty fast. With the boys... I probably should start out a lil slower so I can finish stronger though. I know once I do some speedwork and turnover stuff I will get a lot faster.
I maintained the lead till like the last mile or so when Callie Wells passed me and I didn't really respond. I think the hills killed me! I still got second and I am still a collegiate runner so I wouldn't have been able to keep the airline tickets anyways! Once I am done with my eligibility I will be able to keep some prizes if I can win any races. ;) My overall time ended up being 17:27 which was my fastest time on that course. Last year I ran 17:39! To be quite honest I would have been happy with anything under 18:30 @ this point!

Next on my racing agenda will be some Rice all comers races! I will try the 800/mile/1500 I would like to be able to run fast in them but who knows! :). I think If I can run some shorter races it will help me with my longer races. I know for a fact when I have a fast mile time I can run wayyy faster in my longer races. I don't know why it works that way but it does. With the training stand point I will be running some Hill repeats, fartleks, and some turnover on the track. I will also be bumping my mileage up! I really need to have a good cross country season!! My goal as a collegiate athlete is to qualify for nationals in something but I have failed to meet those goals so far, I think I can do it this year if I believe in myself and do everything I can to get there!

This track season I did have some bumps in the road that have kept me from running my best. I dealt with a random back injury for a month! That sucked!! It was either from carrying my luggage up 3 flights of stairs because I am too impatient to take the elevator ( I NEVER CARRY ANYTHING UPSTAIRS ANYMORE!!!)  and Medball made it even worse. It was depressing, I got to the point where I could not even walk, so running was not possible!! I tried every single day, I began to question if I would ever be the same again... After a few chiropractor and massage visits things finally started to get better. I fully recovered in 5-6 weeks, I wish I would have healed up a little faster though, but everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we can't understand why and it's frustrating, but I put full faith in God so things work out in the end!   Right after I dealt with my back problem I had some anemia/low iron issues. I don't think the Target iron I was taking was absorbing well enough. I found this stuff called proferrin and quickly after I started taking it I have had more energy and have been able to complete workouts/ races much stronger! I also haven't been taking ANY naps! A month ago I was wanting to take 2 naps a day, which is a HUGE time waster in my opinion! Anyways I have rambled well enough. My goal is to try to keep this blog updated on a daily or atleast weekly bases! Cheers! :)

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME update!!!

    You'll definitely be feeling good by the time xc rolls around and I know God will bless your hard work! Stay patient and you'll be able to reach your goals! I'll definitely be cheering for you to make it to Nats this year!

    ReplyDelete