Friday, December 17, 2010

En route to sub 5!

Ok so earlier I was talking about how I would get to that point of running under 5 for the mile! Here are some ways I will get there.

-I will continue with my long run to keep up with endurance(I will practice speeding up alot at the end of my long run.

-Strides after every single run

-Drills/ plyo's/ Jump rope to recruit fast twitch fibers (If you don't use it you lose it)

-faster workouts (More fartleks and intervals)

- 8x200Fast/200jog for speed and neuromuscular work.

-eat healthy ( mainly not carrying extra weight)

- Get enough sleep

...Any other tips would be great!! Love yall and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. 8 hours! Try to be ahead of the game by 1 hour also! Don't forget to pray and ask the Spirit to run with you either :-)

    ReplyDelete